Who We Are And What We're Looking For -
We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes.
Based in Vancouver with travel as needed, the Director, Brand Experience is responsible for leading the development of DUER and Dish Denim’s brands through the direction of creative ideation, strategic communications (PR and creative messaging), and the omnichannel customer experience - including new market expansion. They are responsible for overseeing the planning and execution of marketing and brand initiatives, and leading the Brand team Managers, including the Brand Marketing Manager and the PR & Community Manager. Reporting to the CEO, the Director, Brand directs brand identity globally by establishing the strategic marketing, content and communications, initiatives for the company and developing a clearly differentiated brand positioning through storytelling, PR, partnerships and experience design.
This will involve having a deep understanding of brand strategy, expertise in communications and content development, marketing acumen for growing global brand awareness and hyper local traffic, and expert level management skills. In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring continued brand awareness and new customer acquisition - and with this business, there’s no limits in sight.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop long-term innovation and brand strategy for the brands, based on insight from both markets and consumers;
- Develop and lead go-to market strategies for new markets, off-line brand experiences, and community programs to ensure the growth of DUER;
- Develop a team of marketing and branding professionals - inspiring and mentoring them to create a top-notch organization;
- Partner with Director of Design to envision product storytelling from product conception through launch, to ensure every product innovation is aligning with the vision for the DUER brands over time;
- Support the development of annual and quarterly strategic plans and budgets.
- Ideate creative strategies across digital, traditional and guerilla to drive the awareness of DUER across new geographies, demographics and customers, and work with internal and external teams to bring these strategies to life;
- Own the development of brand storytelling from building a team of in-house and external creatives, to drafting compelling messaging, and defining the media plan for distribution;
- Lead the development of brand voice work to ensure the brand has a consistent positioning in the global marketplace;
- Act as a creative visionary in order to bring the Dish & DUER stories to life in ways that are compelling to trade, fashion, lifestyle and outdoor press, influencers and communities.
- Own the development of the strategic communication calendar, working with internal and external partners to develop story ideas, thought leadership and other opportunities to spread awareness of DUER across the globe;
- Direct oversight over PR and communications, focused on driving PR vision globally, across all brands and verticals, ensuring protection of DUER brand vision by external agencies;
- Lead the team in the development of the digital communications strategy - social media, influencer, content and video marketing;
- As needed, support in Investor Relations and future capital raises.
- Alongside the Executive & Retail teams, identify new market opportunities and lead the teams in opening new markets - from strategy to launch plans;
- Develop a global, regionally relevant, consumer marketing strategy across all consumer touch points, including the experience design of all retail;
- Work cross-functionally with E-commerce, Retail and Wholesale Sales leadership teams to ensure a consistent brand experience;
- Partner with Director of Sales (Wholesale) to ensure brand experience in all vendor locations is exceptional, and that all in-field agents represent our brand externally;
- Lead and provide guidance and mentorship to the Brand Experience department.
- An experienced Global Marketing executive with 10+ years of marketing, communications and branding experience, within the lifestyle brand industry.
- An intuitive understanding of brand, creative and compelling storytelling.
- Demonstrated expertise in Brand Management, for a lifestyle brand.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications or a relevant field. Master’s Degree an asset.
- Experience building and leading a diverse team.
- Exceptional leadership, management and communication skills.
- Ability to succeed in a highly creative environment and collaborate effectively across all departments.
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
If this sounds like you, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com