We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe life should be simpler and you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes. Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line for men and women that maximizes performance without sacrificing style. From denim that you can cycle in, to pants that eliminate sweat, DUER enables you to do everything you do in a day - in style.
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager has the responsibility of managing the financial reporting and regulatory compliance needs of the company. This role will also play a critical role in designing and maintaining financial models to report on business performance and providing strategic insights to enable effective decision making. With our exponential growth, we are searching for a superstar CPA who is not only good with numbers but is passionate about operations and thrives working on dynamic high growth teams. Highly entrepreneurial, you are confident informing major decisions made by all level of managements while building collaborative partnerships that challenge the status quo.
- Manage the accumulation and consolidation of all financial data necessary for an accurate and timely accounting of consolidated business results
- Take a key role in strategic initiatives, be involved in planning meetings with executive team, and other leaders
- Prepare the quarter-end reporting management package
- Lead the year end closing process to ensure the annual financial reporting package is completed timely and accurately
- Lead the annual Audit/ Review/ NTR process
- Contribute to the research of any complex accounting issues
- Prepare and provide insight into the different actual vs budgeted variance analyses
- Evaluating the effectiveness of accounting software and supporting database, as needed
- Financial Planning and Analysis
- Lead in scorecard, dashboard, KPI reporting
- Assist in preparing the organization’s financial plan such as budget and forecast
- Lead in building a strong and clean data structure which will support the company’s needs for data-driven decision making and deeper visibility and reporting
- Tax Reporting and Compliance
- Lead the year-end tax filing requirements for all jurisdictions
- Contribute to the research of any complex tax issues
- Lead the process relating to the different state and local sales tax requirements
- Risk Management
- Lead the design, implementation, and maintaining of control for all key and high-risk areas
- Lead the development of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for all key areas
- Help safeguard the company’s assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
- Review the weekly cash flow forecast function
- Review the bank reconciliation process
- Work closely with Directors to teach and assist in management of departmental P&L, and assist to drive growth initiatives in sales channels
- Coach, mentor and inspire other members of Finance/Accounting department
- Contribute to company culture by speaking up, listening to others, and finding creative solutions to problems.
- Have 5+ years CPA, CA
- 3+ years of In-house accounting experience a plus
- Strong written and verbal communication skill, experience presenting to senior management
- Strong knowledge of accounting principles (IFRS and US GAAP is a plus), and tax compliance requirements
- Expert knowledge of financial statements and the drivers that impact them
- Strong analytical and modelling skills
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process
- Strong team player that can drive discussion but is always open to hearing a different view
To apply for this role- please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title “finance manager role” in the subject line.