We turn fashion into technical apparel, for an active lifestyle, because we believe you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes. Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line that maximizes performance without sacrificing style.
DUER is a fast-paced work environment where you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself and stretch outside of your comfort zone, while pushing your knowledge of the design and development processes.
Our designers are always curious to improve the customer experience by solving for problems through design. We enhance people’s lives through intentional, thoughtful clothing and ensure people can perform all day long.
As the Designer, you'll produce innovative clothing designs from concept to reality under the direction of the Director of Product with a broad focus across categories but with a clear foundation in woven bottoms for both men and women.
Being a self-starter, this person will advocate for their team’s deadlines, drive for deliverables and be flexible to the changing needs of the business. They are comfortable to take the lead and be accountable for the garment design, fit and development, from initial concept through to approval for production.
In addition, you'll utilize your knowledge of consumers and cultures to improve product performance and, coinciding, build a personal portfolio of design skills, experiences, and product and process knowledge.
Seasonal set up
- Work closely with director of product to create seasonal themes and key concepts
- Identify key new styles, color and wash direction
- Present cohesive concepts that are rooted in solution oriented thinking
- Design to the line assortment plan
- Prepare and present market research that thoroughly supports the concepts
- Create technical drawings and tech packs with developers
- Work with cross functional partners to achieve desired styling and fit
- Prepare and host presentations of new product in accordance to our GTM
- Source, design and develop trims for each style
- Partners with merchant and sales channels to ensure there is clear product knowledge and supports the education of all staff on new products
- Design on time to deadlines
- Present relevant research and support design initiatives
- Prepare presentations for all key gate meetings
- Be creative and love ideating
- Be great at communicating your concepts
- Be organized
- Be a team player
- Work autonomously and ask for help when needed
Director of Product
- 5+ years working in apparel industry
- 1-2 years working in denim a plus
- Create for function and performance
- In depth understanding of adobe and microsoft office software
- Detail oriented
- Loves working to calendar timelines
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Passion for problem solving and being a respectful team player
- Clear communicator
To apply for this role- please send an email to email@example.com with the title “designer role” in the subject line.