Who We Are & What We're Looking For -
We turn fashion into technical apparel for an active lifestyle, because we believe life should be simpler and you should be able to do everything you do in a day without having to change your clothes.
Inspired by the modern, active individual, we've created a clothing line for men and women that maximizes performance without sacrificing style. From denim that you can cycle into pants that eliminate sweat and hot weather clothes that keep you cool, Dish and DUER enables you to do everything you do in a day - in style.
Reporting to the Director of Product, the Senior Technical Designer is responsible for developing premium product and ensuring it is performing for the intended end use through garment fit and construction, and is meeting the required quality standards in accordance with Dish and DUER standards. It is critical to possess thorough understanding of garment construction, fit and function as well as the full development cycle of a garment.
Being a self starter, this person will advocate for their teams deadlines, drive for deliveries and be flexible to changing needs of the business. He or she is comfortable to take the lead and be accountable for the garment development, from initial concept through to approval for production.
- Leading a small development team
- Creating full spec pack and tech pack for each design and sku
- Works closely with factory and production partner to execute to timelines
- Oversee trims development for specific products
- Improving quality through thorough knowledge of garment construction
- Identify potential fit, quality and production issues and make appropriate recommendations while maintaining design’s creative vision and fit intent.
- Possessing key fit knowledge – you are educated in the complexities of garment construction, fit and quality standards
- Ability to maintain consistency in sizing and across garment fit and washes
- A team player
- 5+ years working in apparel industry specifically in development
- expertise in garment fit and construction
- in depth understanding of adobe software as well as microsoft office
- detail oriented task master
- loves working to calendar timelines
- entrepreneurial spirit
- passion for problem solving and being a team player
If this sounds like the right fit for you, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with Technical Designer/Product Developer in the subject line.