The Key Account Manager US is responsible for REI and Nordstrom as the two primary partners. As a key member of the DUER sales organization, the Key Account Manager US leads the overall sales planning and execution for an agreed upon group of accounts and account targets. The KAM is responsible for driving profitable sales growth and strengthening the overall relationship with each customer. Through effective analysis of the performance of the business, the KAM identifies key opportunities to deliver growth and works directly with each account and internal stakeholders to deliver them. The KAM is responsible for sell-in and accountable for managing the customer order book. Key activities focus on sell-through – working collaboratively with marketing, merchandising, customer experience, planning and leadership to define and execute plans to drive traffic, increase conversion through high quality online and in-store execution, improve operational efficiency and inventory availability, and ensure customer product sufficiency needs are met.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Business Relationship Owner: Owns the business relationship for the assigned customer(s) and builds strong connections with key account decision makers. Coordinates internal stakeholders and manages the communication.
- Business Plan Responsibility: In accordance with strategy, collaborates with sales leadership, sales operations, marketing, and merchandising teams to develop multi-year business plans. Builds strategies and develops tactics to accelerate growth. Creates and implements promotional plans tailored to consumer buying habits and account promotional calendar. Provides inputs on product sufficiency and manages product lifecycle.
- Operational Plan Responsibility: Builds and executes the annual operational plan to exceed revenue targets and deliver defined KPIs.
- Sell In Activities: Holistically manages seasonal sell-in processes in accordance with multi-year business plans. Ensures results are in line with growth expectations and deliver against merchandising plans and expectations. Engages support from marketing and merchandising teams to aid in the sell-in process as necessary. Ensures all operational needs around product content and information are met in a timely manner and as expected by the customer(s).
- Sell Through Activities: Using insights and analytics, works with the sales and marketing teams to drive sell through. Regularly assesses sell through velocity and trends to identify opportunities and mitigate risks. Manages in-season negotiations and promotional investments.
- Order Book Ownership: Owns the customer order book and ensures that the order book is tightly managed according to internal policies and to the customer order book expectations, and in close collaboration with the Sales Operations Manager(alignment with order entry through to delivery on time, in full).
- Drive Operational Efficiencies: Becomes the expert for assigned account(s) and provides inputs to internal teams on expectations related to operational excellence. Works with finance and customer experience/compliance teams to complete chargeback analysis and identify root causes. Works collaboratively to solve for issues and reduce costs related to customer chargebacks.
- Forecasting: Owns the revenue forecasting at brand/category level. Works collaboratively with merchandising and demand planning to ensure inventory levels are sufficient to maximize sales. Owns the forecasting for major promotional events to maximize revenue and sell-thru.
- Customer Profitability Management: Manages annual and seasonal selling programs and agreements, ensures margin product gross profit requirements are met. Ensures all in season marketing investments and sales volume rebates support key business drivers and key consumer campaigns.
- Matrix Management: Builds strong relationships across the business (Marketing, Operations, Merchandising, Customer Experience, Finance) to facilitate operational excellence for the customer(s) and ensures that all key stakeholders are regularly updated on business progress, needs, and results
We are seeking a candidate with a Bachelor’s Degree in a business related field with 5+ years of strong sales experience in the Fashion/Lifestyle channel in the US.
This role reports to the Country Manager US & New Markets.
Your qualifications and competencies include:
- Relating and networking
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Persuading and influencing
- High business acumen - strong in retail math and all retail profitability components
- Delivering results & meeting customer expectations
- Strong relationship management capability
- Experience working with Nordstrom or REI, or similar national fashion and lifestyle accounts
- Strong communication skills with cultural awareness, to manage external customer needs - connects well with people at all levels
- Strong analytical skills and comfortable working with data, with the ability to apply commercial acumen for decision making
- Strong presentation, selling and negotiation skills
- Positive, enthusiastic and action orientated
- Flexible and able to travel (Canada and USA)
If this sounds like you, send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org!